Terms & Conditions
Our standard terms and conditions of sale are shown below. You will be provided with a full and current copy of our Ts & Cs with your booking pack.
- Full balance payment by the customer (hereinafter called the client) to be paid no later than seven days prior to the performance. If additional performance time is required, the fee for such time must be agreed beforehand with Solitaire Entertainments Ltd (hereinafter called the company), and paid to the artiste at that time. All other methods of payment will be by mutual agreement. Late balance payments will be subject to interest. The availability of the artiste for overtime cannot be guaranteed.
- Advance payments agreed with the company are non-refundable and must be received no later than two weeks from the date of the booking contract (unless otherwise agreed). The contract is not binding and booking is not confirmed until signed by the client and the required advance payment has been received and cleared.
- No alterations may be made to this booking contract by, either the company or the client without prior approval by, the company or the client.
- The company reserves the right to substitute a similar artiste in the event of the original artiste being unable to appear for any reason.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the company will not be liable for non-fulfilment of the booking contract by the artiste, although every reasonable precaution will be taken.
- The client will allow suitable time for the installation and dismantling, and removal of equipment (minimum of one hour). The client also ensures that safe and adequate power is available. The artiste ensures that any equipment that requires connection to a power source is electrically safe and conforms to the HSE EAW Act 1989, and any amendments thereafter.
- If the performance start time is delayed due to the inability of the artiste to gain access to the performance area, or any other delay beyond the artiste's reasonable control, the company will not be liable for any refund whatsoever.
- Any re-engagement of the artiste must be transacted through the company, also any enquiry to the artiste in respect of any engagement by guests, customers, and, or staff must be transacted through the company. No personal cards of telephone numbers are to be shown or exchanged.
- The artiste and their assistants will conduct themselves in a proper manner throughout their attendance at the venue, and will respond to the client's requests as to volume, situating of equipment and, or any other reasonable requests.
- The client will provide adequate supervision of its guests, including children, at the venue, and will be liable for any loss of or damage to the equipment or personal belongings, caused by guests attending the function.
- Artistes are to perform in a safe, non-abusive environment. Any mistreatment or abuse of the artiste or anyone accompanying the artiste, in any way will result in the immediate discontinuing of services with full balance still due (if applicable).
- The company is not liable in any way for any injuries that may occur due to the actions of the client and/or any of the client's guests. This may include, but is not restricted to, drunkenness or other forms of intoxication.
- The client will supply suitable changing facilities where required and supply the artiste with light refreshments and soft drinks if the artiste is to be on site for more than five hours.
- Cancellations of this contract must be in writing. If this contract is cancelled with the company within eight weeks of the function date, then any advance payment will be retained by the company and a further amount of fifty percent of the total booking fee will be payable to the company. If the cancellation is within thirty days of the performance then the whole of the agreed fee will be payable to the company.
- All cheques should be made payable to Solitaire Entertainments Ltd.
Last updated May 2010. Errors & omissions excepted.
© Solitaire Events Ltd. - Registered in England: Company Number 4567741
Registered Office: Ground Floor, The Old Court House, Hughenden Rd, High Wycombe HP13 5DT - Administration: 17 Bay Tree Rise, Calcot, Reading RG31 4RG
Telephone: (0118) 943 3555 - Fax: (0118) 324 0455 - Email: info @ solitaireevents.co.uk - Director: D W Thomas